[TYPO3-core] RFC: #17265: CSH in Flexforms of extbase exts broken

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Jan 25 19:02:46 CET 2011

On 1/24/11 7:18 AM, François Suter wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
>> Problem:
>> It seems that CSH in flexforms is broken again but only for extbase
>> extensions. The reason is that the key for extbase based extensions is
>> prepended with "settings.", so it looks like "settings.width" instead of
>> "width".
>
> Thanks for your patch, it went part of the way. typo3/view_help.php also
> relies on a given number of dots in the identifier, which goes to show
> that we definitely abused dots in TYPO3. typo3/view_help.php was thus
> unable to display the details for FlexForms fields with several dots in
> their name.
>
> Attached patch adds the necessary changes to typo3/view_help.php. I also
> made some small changes to the original patch, namely adding comments
> (as long as we're there) and changing some variable names to make them
> more explicit.
>
> Besides that +1 after reading and testing extensively (i.e. other CSH
> not broken).
>
> Cheers

+1 after reading and testing.

I did discover one other corner of FlexForm CSH that is broken, but
unrelated to this patch.  When opening the CSH popup window, the field
label is not shown correctly in the header and we just get the full path
to the field instead (ie. tt_content.pi_flexform.myext_pi1.list:
myField).  Bug report opened at [1]

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17310