[TYPO3-core] RFC: #17289: Form protection tokens get lost because of a race condition when persisting tokens

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Jan 25 12:18:25 CET 2011

> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17289
>
> Branches:
> Trunk
>
> Problem:
> If two (or more) scripts are executed (almost) at the same time, both
> scripts retrieve the same token array from the session. Both scripts
> will create new tokens independently. The script that is executed last
> will then overwrite the tokens generated by the first script.

It seems like this is a show stopper!

After some reports on twitter, I tried it myself: I can't log into the
backend anymore, as the page doesn't load. I suppose there's some
deadlock or infinite waiting to get a lock.

My settings for lock are all the default ones.

I hope this can be fixed ASAP and trigger release of RC3.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert