[TYPO3-core] FYI Added feature #17033: [reports] Notification Emails for system status updates

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Jan 25 07:37:32 CET 2011

Hi,

> Good thinking. For 4.6 we should have a web calleable "CLI" for the
> scheduler, which would then have the same environmental setup as the
> Web-Application itself. And would also be callable through external
> parties (for those who doesn't have access to cron jobs).

Just as info for those who run into this issue. I was a bit puzzled but
could manage to configure a "cron" job for one customer outsourcing
their hosting to one of the webhoster here in Switzerland. The panel
does not let them create the dispatch cron job (either directly or
prefixed with the php CLI binary) but they could put a wget command.
This worked. And the funny part is that I was able to create a dumb PHP
file with a single shell_exec() - or one of those exec - to actually
call the dispatcher from a CLI context, this was not prohibited. Meaning
I could invoke the dispatcher, as standard, but with a wget indirection
with this "particular" setup.

Xavier