[TYPO3-core] RFC #17250: Bug: BE ajax request fails on some systems with php 5.3

Johannes Feustel j at feustel.eu
Sun Jan 23 20:09:07 CET 2011

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17250

Branches:
4.4, trunk

Problem:
Beacause of a php bug on some systems the request to ajax.php fails. In
ajax.php thi file is included as '../t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php' with
relative path while init.php uses PATH_t3lib.'class.t3lib_div.php'. On
some systems PHP seems not to be able to detect the already included
file if different paths are used.
This ends up in a completely broken BE. Only the flash message "No
module found" appears.

Solution:
Remove loading of t3lib_div which is included only for fetching
_GP('ajaxID') and use $_REQUEST['ajaxID'] instead.

Notes:
Was detected on mac/MAMP PHP 5.3.2 with introductionpackage 4.5RC1. I am
not sure if many systems are detected but it doesn't hurt to fix it.

Since the code is the same I think this could also go to 4.4 branch.

Thanks for your great work on 4.5!
Cheers,

Johannes