[TYPO3-core] RFC #17210: Livesearch help only appearing at first use

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sat Jan 22 15:41:24 CET 2011

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17210

Branches: trunk

Problem:
Once the live search help was displayed it currently can not be
re-activated.

When showing the help it is checked whether the object does not exist
yet and is created then. When leaving the help it is supposed to be
destroyed by removeHelp(), but actually lives on.

Initially the removeHelp() also was not called at all.

Solution:
Use an event that actually triggers removeHelp(). However the object
still lived on which is why I used "delete", I read that delete might
cause some trouble with IE(6?) though, so I'm not sure whether this is
the best solution. destroy() did not work at least...

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com