[TYPO3-core] RFC #17175: t3lib_compressor should write .htaccess

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 21 18:20:10 CET 2011

Steffen Müller schrieb am 21.01.2011 17:28:
> Hi.
>
> On 21.01.2011 16:02 Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>>
>> +1 by reading and testing.
>>
>> Committed to trunk, rev. 10212.
>>

> What about a note in the FAQ of INSTALL.txt?
> You need at last "AllowOverride Indexes" in your Apache config to avoid
> 500 internal server error. There's already a FAQ item, which advises
> users how to proceed if "Indexes" cannot be allowed. Please add a note,
> that you also have to unset
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['generateApacheHtaccess']
> Thanks.

Thanks for noticing. I've added some notices about System considerations
(also about the new SwiftMailer) to my draft release notes. At the end
it will show up "somewhere":

- - - -
Please note that TYPO3 automatically generates a .htaccess file in
typo3temp/compressed/ which speeds up the loading of the backend while
using Apache. It sets an Expires and requires Apache to be able to set
this through an .htaccess. If you get errors or do not want this
feature, please consider turning it off:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['generateApacheHtaccess'] = 0
- - - -

I am not sure which "FAQ" you are referring to. Ben and Olli are working
together to update the README and other TXT files which are shipped with
our packages, maybe they could add that info somewhere.

Cheers,
Ernesto