[TYPO3-core] RFC #17175: t3lib_compressor should write .htaccess

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 21 13:55:47 CET 2011

Christian Kuhn schrieb am 21.01.2011 01:32:
> Hey,
>
> On 01/21/2011 12:40 AM, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Solution:
>> Make t3lib_compressor write an .htaccess file to typo3temp/compressor/,
>> which adds the rules, which are also used in other party of the core.
>
> After a (happy!) chat Steffen:
> We'll drop this patch for now to come up with a solution in the
> _.htaccess file.

After yet another happy chat with Steffen, Christian and Ernesto, we
decided to:

1) keep the auto-generation of typo3temp/compressor/.htaccess because
 a) we cannot ship this with dummy / intro because typo3temp can be
cleaned at any time,
 b) we want best out-of-the-box experience, and we already ship
typo3/sysext/.htaccess any others with the same functionality,
 c) we make this generation configurable (Install Tool) because some
users might not like it to be generated automatically

2) keep the sample _.htaccess Expires, as it provides the best
out-of-the-box experience for a new user (and the intro package uses it
per default) => see #17181.

For 1), Steffen will come up with a follow-up patch in a couple of seconds.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ernesto