[TYPO3-core] FYI: #17178: Rename extension "list" to "recordlist"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 21 09:34:10 CET 2011

Christian Kuhn schrieb am 21.01.2011 00:33:
>> there was a complaint of the extension author. It's not published but
>> used in several installations.
>>
>> This is absolutely valid and we are not allowed to use always registered
>> keys, but gladly just in time for RC1
>
> It breaks all installations who tried 4.5 before. Accepted for now, but
> that is not a suitable habit from core point of view.

It doesn't break any installation. The extension was required before so
it doesn't need to be "installed".

It only breaks any extension which might have already been programmed
since 4.5 alpha1 which might have done a
"t3lib_extMgm::isLoaded('list')", but we weighted the risk of that as
well and considered it to be of minimal impact.

In the Release Notes of RC1 I will state this fact clearly.

Cheers,
Ernesto