[TYPO3-core] RFC #17181: Add Expires header to _.htaccess

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Jan 21 01:47:58 CET 2011

Hi!

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
Not every administrator invests time to optimize performance, but
bitches TYPO3 for its slowliness.
Currently, we lack Expires header, at least for the huge number of
CSS/JS files used in BE.

Solution:
Add Expires header for \.(css|js) files in _.htaccess and enable them by
default (as they are save ones [1]).

Note:
The pattern also matches .(css|js).gzip, as there is no trailing $.
I'm running sites, which have it enabled since ages also for all other
resource files like gif and so on.
See also example.htaccess of EXT:scriptmerger [2]

Kind regards
Steffen

--
[1] Expires directives surrounded by <IfModule>, FileETag is Core
directive, see

[2]
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/scriptmerger/trunk/example.htaccess

Steffen Gebert