[TYPO3-core] RFC #16085: Tool tips for collapsing and resizing panels

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Jan 21 01:13:03 CET 2011

On 1/20/11 6:01 PM, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16085
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> The splitbars to resize / collapse the module menu and page tree frame
> lack a tooltip.
>
> Solution:
> Add it to the viewport configuration
>
> Kind regards
> Steffen

Overall, +1 on reading and testing with a few minor comments...

* Is it possible to show a tooltip when the navigation component is
collapsed, saying that a click will re-open it?
* Personal preference, but my vote would be to add more camelCasing to
the label names.  ie. tooltipNavigationContainerSplitDrag
* In the labels, how about "Module Menu" instead of "Modules Menu"
* In the labels, I would make "Tree" lowercase since we're not referring
to something specific like the Pagetree (and I guess we can't say
Pagetree because other navigation components may be used also)

Thanks!
jeff