[TYPO3-core] RFC #16458: Rename table be_layouts to be_layout

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jan 20 23:36:10 CET 2011

Am 20.01.2011 22:36, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 20-1-2011 22:01, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Am 20.01.2011 21:33, schrieb François Suter:
>>> What is planned for people who have already migrated a site and might
>>> not expect such a change? Even though we're still in development, we
>>> should issue some form of warning about this.
>>>
>> anyone changing extensions or sites with beta releases monitors core
>> list well, as this is expected until RC1. So after RC1 such changes
>> shouldn't happen, before it is ok.
>
> Maybe one tiny little line in the RC1 release announcement? Something like:
>
> For those updating from beta4 to rc1: the table be_layouts is now named
> be_layout. Rename the table first if you already use backend layouts.

Well - actually it's backend_layout now :-)
And people will have to rename the fields of the pages table as well as
the first line of each backend_layout record.

So maybe it's a good idea to tell them, since it might be annoying, when
things seems to be broken although they actually are not.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de