[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #17045: Live Search uses id=0 to display all search results to non-admin users

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Jan 20 22:38:13 CET 2011

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix
Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17045
Branch: trunk

Problem:
After clicking the Show All button for Live Search, results are shown in
list view. Live search is currently hardcoded to always show the results
on the site root (id=0), which is not accessible for non-admin users.

Solution:
Take the same approach as the old backend search, which uses the first
webmount as the search page.

Additional Notes:
To test, simply search as a non-admin user.

There are issues with this approach as described in #15129, but I think
its the best solution until we have a search results page independent of
list view.

Thanks,
Jeff