[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #14098: When sending mail, use TYPO3_CONF_VAR for default from address if no other address is provided

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Thu Jan 20 19:36:49 CET 2011

Hi!

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 01/20/2011 07:22 PM Uhr:
> Hi,
>
> On 20-1-2011 19:05, Marcus Krause wrote:
>> I've updated the patch so that it applies again on trunk.
>>
>> Additionally, I slightly modified it to not put an linefeed in front of
>> "$additionalHeaders" if it's NULL (optional function argument in
>> t3lib_utility_Mail)
>>
>> I think TYPO3 really needs a default from address. Please let us
>> introduce it in 4.5. (initial RFC was for 4.4!!!)
>
> I needed such an address in #17065, so I included it in that patch. Only
> difference is that I put it in the [MAIL] section (which we now have in
> 4.5).

This is exactely the reason why I stumbled over this RFC. Problems with
hardcoded invalid "from" addresses

> A small note: please use example.org/com/net/edu as example domains.
> They are reserved and fully configured with valid domain records (also
> MX records).

Now, after the commit, we need to set a default RFC complient from
address in a new RFC.
I prefer "invalid at invalid.invalid" or "postmaster at localhost" rather than
an *@example.* one.

What do you think?