[TYPO3-core] RFC #16935: tx_coreupdates_installversioning is obsolete

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jan 20 18:12:21 CET 2011

Tolleiv.Nietsch schrieb am 20.01.2011 17:26:
> Am 20.01.2011 15:54, schrieb François Suter:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> once #17102 is approved this RFC is imho valid again. A new patch is not
>>> needed.
>>
>> #17102 is in and definitely covers what tx_coreupdates_installversioning
>> did.
>>
>> I would say this becomes a no-brainer. Please go ahead (with a clean
>> "svn delete").
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> Ernesto - do you share our opinion?

Yes, I just tested it, and we can get rid of it. Thanks for taking care
of that.

One thing I noticed is that the "Workspace Migration Wizard" is never
removed from the list of Upgrade Wizards, it seems that it always
returns "true" with the reason:

"The existing workspaces will be checked for compatibility with the new
features."

Well, this has to be checked in the "checkForUpdate" function already,
this is why its called "check*". :) Can't it be detected if it has been
run before? The idea is to at the end have no Upgrade Wizard left.

Cheers,
Ernesto