[TYPO3-core] RFC #16458: Rename table be_layouts to be_layout

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Jan 20 18:09:09 CET 2011

Hi *,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type:
Bugfix

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16458

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
According to what is taught in university database classes today and
what is common practice in frameworks, database tables should be named
in singular form. For old (existing) tables we cannot change this
anymore, but this does not justify why we should go on repeating mistakes.

The table for backend layouts introduced in 4.5 is named "be_layouts",
we first wanted to correct this issue by just making it singular, but
then also opted to remove the abbreviation and would thus like to name
it "backend_layout".

Solution:
rename the table and all occurrences from be_layouts to backend_layout

cheers,
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com