[TYPO3-core] RFC #17155: Active and hover states are hard to distinguish

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jan 20 17:20:54 CET 2011

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb am 20.01.2011 17:10:
> Steffen Gebert schrieb am 20.01.2011 14:15:
>> Hi!
>>
>> This is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix
>>
>> Bugtracker reference:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17155
>>
>> Branches:
>> trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> In the module menu and the page tree, it's really hard to distinguish
>> the difference between an active and a hovered it.
>>
>> Solution:
>> See screen shot
>>
>> Note:
>> A compilation of different browser screenshots is attached to the BT.
>> I'm sorry for coming up with this so late - in the back of my mind there
>> was since some days a "well.. we have to change the hover colors..".
>> However it turned out that just changing the color does not increase
>> usability at all.
>> My solution was appreciated by Jens and Lars and I really think we
>> should include it now and not in a week, as the current state is really
>> bad.
>
> *Very* beautiful, thanks Steffen!!!
>
> Amazing side-effect: now we also have a drop-shadow between tree and
> content in IE8! Fantastic!
>
> +1 by reading (as if reading .css changes help you understand...) and
> testing (Chrome, FF, IE8).

You commented this out:

/*
#typo3-pagetree .x-panel-tbar,
#typo3-pagetree-deletionDropZone .x-panel-body {
	-moz-box-shadow: inset -2px 0 1px #414141;
	-ms-box-shadow: inset -2px 0 1px #414141;
	-webkit-box-shadow: inset -2px 0 1px #414141;
	box-shadow: inset -2px 0 1px #414141;
}
*/

I don't see the difference with or without the code (Chrome / FF). I
would also +1 on that change and thus simply remove that code before
committing.

Cheers,
Ernesto