[TYPO3-core] RFC #17065: Use Swift Mailer in core (was: Swift Mailer Adapter does not support file attachment and nested MIME parts)

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 20 16:52:55 CET 2011

Hi,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix / Clean up

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17065

Branches: trunk

Problem:
The core still used t3lib_htmlmail to send mails and these are caught by
the Swift Mailer Adapter. Unfortunately there is no support yet for e.g.
attachments and nested MIME parts in that adapter (Swift Mailer of
course supports them).

Solution:
Use Swift Mailer directly in the core.

Instead of making the adapter support all mail features and oddities
it's better to use Swift Mailer directly and motivate extension
developers to do so also.

Because SMTP server often require a valid from address a function is
added to try to get a good email address in case one is not provided.
There is a setting in the install tool to provide a default from address.

How to test:
Activate warnings for BE logins, use a default mail form (with attachment).

Notes:
See bugtracker issue for the discussion of which places should be changed.

In advance I can say that I agree with changes for function names,
variable names, constructions, etc.; please provide a new version of the
patch. This really should be included in RC1!

Regards,
--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert