[TYPO3-core] RFC #16878: Feature: Make t3lib_utility_Client::getBrowserInfo() aware of more operating systems

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Thu Jan 20 07:01:57 CET 2011

Le 2011-01-04 12:32, Jeff Segars a écrit :
> Thanks for your patch! We're already past the feature freeze for TYPO3
> 4.5, so if this patch is considered a new feature it will have to wait
> for TYPO3 4.6.

Since, in current trunk, the RTE is not enabled anymore in various
browser/system combinations, I would consider this not only a new
feature, but one that breaks backwards compatibility!

> As far as backwards compatibility goes, I wonder if we can do something
> similar to how the browser detection is handled. In getBrowserInfo() it
> returns the specific browser as well as an "all" entry with other
> entries. In t3lib_matchcondition_abstract->evaluateConditionCommon(),
> the "all" entry is used so that the older, less specific entries still
> match.

The patch that was committed does not do that. The 'all_systems' entry
does NOT include all parsed systems, but only the 'old' ones.

Regards,
Stan