[TYPO3-core] RFC #17067: Overwork the JavaScript LLL generation

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 19 09:55:38 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 16.01.2011 17:13:
> Hi!
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17067
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> backend.php reads all labels, which are required in JavaScript from LLL.
> Adding new labels is messy and the output is made very late, so that
> e.g. the viewport generation has no access to labels. Thus this is a
> prerequisite for #16085.
>
> Solution:
> This patch eases adding new labels, as it does more magic automatically.
> There is no way to output the JS code so early, so they're written to
> typo3temp/ and added as first JS file to the PageRenderer.

Tested. I also switched languages, and new locallang-BE-*.js files were
generated, as expected. Only thing is that backend.php is not reloaded
after a language change, which means that live search and plupload
language isn't updated until the whole backend is reloaded. Not related
to this patch thou, as it has been that way before.

+1 on reading and testing.

Committed to trunk on rev. 10137.

Cheers,
Ernesto