[TYPO3-core] RFC #17116: Bug: All images get reduced to 25x25px upon saving if no size is set

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jan 18 16:19:22 CET 2011

Am 18.01.2011 16:01, schrieb Susanne Moog:
> Hey,
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bug
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17116
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> Open an image element in the backend that has no size definitions.
> Save.
> Image sizes are set to 25x25, you don't have a possibility to unset and
> therefore no possibility to use the image in its original size.
>
> Technical problem:
> The value in tcaFieldConf['checkbox'] is added to the allowed values,
> even if it's out of range, so after 16028 where this setting was removed
> from the core fields '0' as a value for imagewidth or height became
> invalid because it's out of range.
>
> (It's probably worth an additional bug to ask why images can only be
> wider than 25px and smaller than 999px)

We already talked about that in Skype and IMHO it's indeed a "strange
range", although I have to admit that I never noticed it before, so it
didn't hurt that much ;-)

I guess this is done similar to the 100 char limit in GIFBUILDER TEXT
elements, to avoid overloading the server and/or bandwidth with huge
image sizes.

> Solution:
> After thinking a bit and talking with Ernesto the best solution seems to
> be to always allow the default value as field content - even if out of
> range (because if it's the default it should be allowed, right?)
>
> I consider this bug as show-stopper and kind of no-brainer at the same
> time ;)

+1 by reading

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian