[TYPO3-core] FYI Added feature #17033: [reports] Notification Emails for system status updates

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 18 09:08:11 CET 2011

On 17-1-2011 12:18, François Suter wrote:
>> I would like to come up with that idea again and support the
>> introduction of a default From address because it's needed in a lot of
>> places already. Currently AFAIK the Swift mailer adapter uses
>> no-reply at example.org which doesn't feel right to me.

It was put there because many SMTP server *require* a valid email
address for the sender. If nothing valid can be found in various headers
it will use this to at least create a valid mail message.
Some parts of the core use "no-reply at no-reply.no-reply" as From: address
and this is simply invalid.

> I think this would be extremely useful. I do that in my sites, but it's
> not ideal as it's just a TS constant. A real system-wide From would be
> very worthwhile. It may be too late for 4.5 though...

I found in my localconf.php the following line:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['defaultMailFromAddress'] = 'jigal at xs4all.nl';
//  Modified or inserted by TYPO3 Install Tool.

A quick search and up comes:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14098

This didn't go into 4.4; maybe it can go in 4.5?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert