[TYPO3-core] RFC #17060: Only log complete page cache flushes

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Jan 17 17:08:46 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> Of course, we could refactor it a bit for 4.6 and create a
> clearBranchCache method, which calls an internal (non-logging) function,
> which is also called by the other methods.

Then why not adopt your extension in preparation for that. Having your
extension ship such a clearBranchCache() method and then merge it into
4.6? To me it currently seems to be a problem related or caused by your
extension, not by the core itself.

> However, this doesn't make me happy for 4.5.
> Why not hook into clearCachePostProc, if you need logging for every
> single page, and just log the flushes by default?

As I said, audit trails are important, providing them through a 3rd
party extension does not seem to fit with the enterprise approach we try
to go for. The more editors you have and once hierarchies of editors are
in introduced in an organization these things get more and more important.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com