[TYPO3-core] RFC #12232: Bug: md5_file() to check if a file has been changed is very expensive [performance]

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jan 17 15:24:22 CET 2011

Vladimir Podkovanov schrieb am 16.01.2011 05:26:
> Hi André!
>
> On 05.01.2011 13:08, André Stösel wrote:
>> v4 attached ;)
>
> +1 on reading and testing. Pages with many previews from big photos are
> generating now considerably faster! :)
>
> the patch did not go automatically so I applied manually and attached
> patch version against trunk.
>
> I'm going to write image hashes upgrade wizard for 4.5 branch when I
> have more time. Right now I have small script written as a Scheduler
> task which did converting job for me. If someone wants it I can upload
> this extension to the bugtracker.

Please share this "small script", should be easy to create an Upgrade
Wizard out of it (its just one tiny function required, right?).

We should include that at the same time than adding the md5 change. Else
we'll never do it. Since RC1 is already scheduled for Wednesday, it
should be done on these next days. Do you have the time to finish that up?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ernesto