[TYPO3-core] RFC bug #16028: Enable "clear input field" functionality by default

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jan 14 16:02:40 CET 2011

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16028

Branches: trunk

Problem:
16006 moved the checkbox in front of input fields type text and date as
gray "X" inside the input field.

Currently, the former called "checkbox" feature has to be enabled in TCA
for every box (by adding a key 'checkbox'), which is not the correct
behaviour according to the rules we defined at the user experience week.

Solution:
Attached patch will set this checkbox for any input field that hasn't
got a 'checkbox' key in it's TCA setup.

If there any integer related eval settings connected to this field, it
will be set to 0. In any other case it will be set to ''.

This way we can still use the checkbox values as described in the Core
API but will have default checkboxes for any other field.

i.e.
'checkbox' => 'Some value' will still reset a field to this value on click.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de