[TYPO3-core] FYI Fixed issue #16985: Rename Sysfolder to Folder

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Jan 12 19:58:44 CET 2011

Wow,

I never expected this small change to have such an epic effect :)

However, I hope that most of you at least agreed with "Sys"Folder not
being that logic in the end. The effect of changed labels on older
versions seems to be more dramatic than expected though.

So here's what we came up with:

In r10046 I reverted all changes to CSH labels. Those will be re-added
with Jeff's work about the improvements for CSH in general.

In r10047 I reverted the label for the folder page type for old TYPO3
versions to "SysFolder" and introduced a new label "Folder" which is
present and used in 4.5+ only.

All other changes and occurrences from Sysfolder to Folder were in php,
txt, and sql files which affect TYPO3 4.5 only and were thus not reverted.

Conclusion:
TYPO3 versions prior to 4.5 stay with the "SysFolder" name, TYPO3 4.5
and newer comes with the new more logical "Folder" name.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences should they have occurred.

Now let's have a beer :)
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com