[TYPO3-core] FYI Fixed issue #16985: Rename Sysfolder to Folder

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Jan 12 18:11:13 CET 2011

Hi Ingo,

Am 12.01.11 17:52, schrieb Ingo Renner:
> Hi all,
>
> The attached patch has been committed to trunk in r10041
>
> Type: Text / Tweak
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16985
>
> Branch: trunk
>
> Problem:
> The term "SysFolder" is somewhat confusing.
>
> There are no other types of folders we need to differentiate the folder
> type from. I.e. there's no ExtensionFolder, UserFolder, ContentFolder or
> the like. The term is also quite technical and is specific to TYPO3.
>
> Solution:
> Since this can be confusing for new users and editors the suggestion is
> to rename the "SysFolder" page type to simply "Folder".
>
> Notes:
> Reviewed by Ernesto and Jeff, also agreed upon by JoH at a skype meeting
> a few days ago

-1 also from my side. Please revert the changes in SVN Trunk.

TYPO3 4.5.0-RC1 was planned for today but postponed for one week. It is
too late to optimize labels - besides that changing labels is not a good
idea. In German it will still be "SysOrdner"...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader