[TYPO3-core] FYI: #13319: Implement plupload

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Wed Jan 12 12:09:09 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your valuable feedback.

First I'd like to make clear that this late addition is not a "suprise
action" and against our own set rules for the feature freeze: The origin
of this is the FAL integration, which was already included in beta2 and
beta3, and this is the only part from it which we decided to keep still
in 4.5. We have been communicating the wish to have plupload included in
our last meetings.

Other critical points:

- missing features: It basically "works" apart from some minor glitches
(to be fixed before RC1 of course). Missing features and "nices-to-have"
can still be postponed to 4.6. No need to wait until we have all
features that would be cool some day in.

- cosmetics / CGL ... some I deal below:

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 12.01.2011 10:49:

> * HTML4 engine does not work for me, fails with Error 500, probably
> because this URL might not work:
> http://example.com/typo3/ajax.php?name=myfilename.JPG
> The multipart_params values have to be set to target ajax.php to the
> right class.
> See the one screen shot. FF says Queued, Opera says Finished, however it
> is *not* uploaded.
>
> * You remove the LLL fileUpload_infoComponentOverrideFiles

Not really, I changed that in v4 (which was committed). I made sure only
new labels are added and no old ones where changed (or deleted).

> (...)
> * Please respect the separation of CSS into structure and visual. The
> following definitions have to go to visual:
> border, font, cursor, white-space, opacity/filter, background, line-height.
> * Please use tabs in CSS
> * What's the intention of the CSS definitions .silk-(add|edit|..) for
> the icons? The class names are meaningless, so I think they're a
> leftover from the ExtJS-plupload example?
> Icons have to be copied and named according to the naming scheme (e.g.
> actions-upload-add, actions-upload-cancel).
> Should there be any icons currently? IMHO it's a bit unintuitive, eyes
> would get the meaning of the buttons faster with icons.
>
> * I try to avoid using font-definitions in ExtJS skin and am
> continuously removing old 10px definitions in xtheme-t3skin.css.
> However there's one, which I didn't encounter and thus still exists:
> .x-window-mc { font: 10px verdana,arial,tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif; }
> We should check, whether this destroys sth. and remove it, if not. You
> overwrite it (which is IMHO fine in principle) with
> arial,tahoma,verdana,helvetica, whilst the BE uses this by default:
> Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif

Would the attached css-fix as a follow-up be ok?

- adds the icons from the skin we already have,
- removes the "silk" definitions,
- moves the visual stuff to the "visual/" path,
- hover on mouse-over is now background #dedede like in the Web>List
view and other places,
- indention with TABs.

Cheers,
Ernesto