[TYPO3-core] FYI: #13319: Implement plupload

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jan 12 10:48:44 CET 2011

Hi again,

> First go to user setup and enable plupload. Then go to file module and
> use upload button or context menu upload entry.

Question regarding the user experience (don't know whether it has been
considered). We always have an upload button which shows either a form
or a popup window to let us upload files.

Wouldn't be much better from the UX view to have a drop zone at the very
beginning of the folder content? I don't really see the point of having
a way to "enqueue" files to be uploaded, I would consider much better to
upload files as they come, meaning while I'm browsing my local disk to
search that other file I want to upload too, the previous one already
had time to be uploaded.

To be crazy, we could even consider seeing the file right away in the
list of files in a given directory and the upload progress being shown
there, a bit like iTunes or any peer-to-peer software do when
downloading multiple files at once.

Xavier