[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #16966: be_layout setting "none" is not working and be_layout should not be inherited automatically

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 12 09:22:37 CET 2011

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 11.01.2011 21:58:
> Hi,
>
> On 11-1-2011 18:46, JoH asenau wrote:
>> The rule of thumb should be:
>> 1. be_layout affects single pages ONLY.
>> 2. be_layout_next_level affects a branch of subpages ONLY
>> unless there is
>> a) a be_layout value of a single page of that branch
>> which will change the layout of this particular page or
>> b) a be_layout_next_level value for a subbranch of that branch
>> which will change the layout for all pages of this subbranch
>> 3. no automatic inheritance of layouts unless you triggered them
>> by using be_layout_next_level
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> I reordered the logic a bit because I had to read it several times
> before I understood the code. Also added a bit of CGL stuff.
>
> +1 by reading and testing v2
>
> Once it gets committed will you take care of the documentation of this
> behaviour?

Hi Jigal and Jo. Thanks for the contribution!

+1 by reading and testing.

I've added the be_layout_next_level field also to
t3lib_pageSelect::getRootLine, because this is the method which is used
to create the rootline in the frontend (to allow access to it via 'data
= levelfield: -1, be_layout_next_level, slide' => works).

Committed to trunk rev. 10031.

Cheers,
Ernesto