[TYPO3-core] RFC #16957: Bug: cli_dispatch.phpsh ignores PATH to php and assumes it's in /usr/bin/

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jan 10 23:20:58 CET 2011

Andreas Lappe schrieb am 10.01.2011 23:14:
> On 10.01.11, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> The above mentioned trouble is "documented" even on Wikipedia [1] under
>> "Portability".
>> I think we don't need the "-q" parameter. What does it do? It is not
>> even documented in PHP 5.2.x? Without it, it should be the most portable
>> solution.
>> Cheers,
>> Ernesto
>> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_%28Unix%29
>
>     -q     Quiet-mode. Suppress HTTP header output (CGI only).
>
> This might be due to the difference of using the real cli-version or the
> cgi-version in shell…

Ah yes, true. I was testing the "Command Line Interface" Server API, but
indeed the -q is required on "CGI/FastCGI" Server API (and it doesn't
hurt on the CLI API.

On scenarios like Christian's (and also mine) where it doesn't work with
the "-q", the solution is to call "php <script>" anyway (bypassing the
shebang).

So my feeling is that we could change it to your recommended setup in
4.5 / trunk (so that we don't break stuff on older sites which might
depend on /usr/bin) and make a note of it in the release notes.

So +1 by reading.

Cheers,
Ernesto