[TYPO3-core] RFC 16630: migrateWorkspaces in Install-Tool does not work, if extbase is not intalled

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Mon Jan 10 16:18:24 CET 2011

Am 10.01.2011 12:15, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi again,
>
>> I took a quick look at this patch and tried to test it by going through
>> the migration steps on some default install. Because the error handler
>> was not set up to show exceptions, the wizard actually failed silently.
>> Or at least failed partly, because my end result was that extension
>> "workspaces" was not installed, but the wizard did not show up anymore.
>
> Sorry, I got mixed up between the two wizards. The install I tried to
> migrate didn't have versioning at all...
>
>> This experience reinforces what has been discussed in RFC #16935, that
>> the two wizards related to versioning/workspaces should be merged and
>> the whole stuff handled in one step.
>
> ...which makes the above all the more true ;-)
>
> The problem is that if you go through the install versioning extension
> wizard, you never get to the migrate workspaces wizard and thus you have
> no chance of installing it (at least from the install tool), so you get
> an incomplete setup.
>
> Cheers

Right - that's what I though of too - the workspaces-wizard should be
triggered always if the setup is incomplete or outdated

incomplete -> extensions not installed

outdated -> old style workspaces (admin-field has wrong format or
"draft" workspace used)

This would also make #16935 "valid" again.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch