[TYPO3-core] RFC #16951: [Performance] Speed up makeInstance() by caching getClassName() results

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun Jan 9 13:56:42 CET 2011

Hey,

On 01/09/2011 09:23 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> It adds a bit to the already enormous memory hunger of TYPO3. If there
> is no significant (in the statistical sense of the word) improvement I
> would not use it.

The patch *does* speed up, even if it's not that much ..

This array is pretty small, a full cached page has less then 20 entries,
a non cached page access probably not more than 100 (my intro package
test has 40 entries non cached), let's calculate with 200: If a typical
classname is 30 chars long (30 bytes), memory consumption will be:
30*2*200 -> ~12kb, maybe plus some bytes for a btree in php on the array
keys. Imho we can afford this.

Regards
Christian