[TYPO3-core] RFC #15305: Feature: Logging cache clearing

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Jan 8 14:27:54 CET 2011

> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15305
>
> Problem:
> It is sometimes necessary to know, which user has cleared the cache, especially if you got a large website and this
> cache clearing caused some troubles.
> Because of this every cache clearing action should appear in the Log module.
>
> Solution:
> Every time the cache gets cleared a log entry, containing the cache that gets cleared,
> will be created.

Can we limit this logging to the case, when the whole page cache is
cleared? Currently it also logs, when clearCacheCmd() is called for a
single page.

I have an extension (stg_clearcache 2.1.1), which changes the "Clear
cache of this page" icon into "Clear cache of this page and subpages" to
enable editors to clear the cache for their branches.

For large branches, this ends up with thousands of log entries (one per
page), as the log entry is written in the beginning of
clear_cacheCmd($cacheCmd).
Moving it to internal_clearPageCache() would limit logging to the case,
when the whole page cache is cleared (and which is IMHO the only
critical thing, which should be logged - clearing configuration cache?
IMHO unimportant).

See attached patch.

Kind regards
Steffen