[TYPO3-core] RFC #16939: ExtJS Tooltip / CSH styling

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 7 12:25:52 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 06.01.2011 23:31:

> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16939
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> Tooltips and CSH don't look good (both are linked to together by ExtJS)
>
> Solution:
> Adjust the Tooltip and Context-Sensitive Help styling
>
> Note:
> * Decided in yesterday's Design vs. Core Team meeting.
> * Classic Tooltips are visible in the Page Tree
> * To calm you: Christian Müller from the v5 Team will have a look at the
> CSH tooltips to improve the behavior.

1) The "close" cross is now gone, which is good, but then the timeout
for the tooltip to close is too large (3secs). This is probably needed
because there are links in the tooltips (to "more info"). If it is
technically possible, here is my suggestion:

- on hover + current delay, popup tooltip
- if focus is on the label *or* inside the tooltip, keep the tooltip open.
- on mouse moving ouside the tooltip (or the label) + 0.5s, remove tooltip

This allows the user to move the mouse pointer inside the tooltip
keeping it open, but will make the tooltip disappear faster once the
focus shifter somewhere else.

2) The cursor change to a question mark isn't working on FF and Chrome.
It only shows up on very few mouse movements, and quickly disappears.

3) The bubble starting triangle isn't yellow on Firefox and IE. See
screenshots.

4) The tooltip title isn't showing on IE8. See screenshots.

Cheers,
Ernesto