[TYPO3-core] RFC #15681: Duplicate "Navigation title" can break realurl URL decoding

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 7 10:44:51 CET 2011

Christian Kuhn schrieb am 26.12.2010 12:46:
> Hey,
>
> On 12/26/2010 12:06 AM, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> So could you show a real life case where this is needed with sense?
>
> Simple: Create a page, give it some nav_title. Copy page (use it at blue
> print), change title and some content, but forget to change nav_title ->
> New page cannot be accessed in frontend.
> This happens pretty frequently to our customers, and can be solved
> easily if (at minimum) nav_title is 'unique in pid'.

But isn't that what the "Path segment for URL" field which RealURL adds
to "pages" is for?

The "nav title" is also in the list of "used" titles by realurl, but not
the only one. I for example mostly use the nav title as an alternative
for the label in the navigation on the page (and not the "URL").

RealURL should generate a unique URL if there is a conflict of names
(i.e. by adding the PID as a suffix). The page is then accessible, and
the user will know that the title is duplicated and can easily change it
("Path segment for URL").

Cheers,
Ernesto