[TYPO3-core] RFC #16426 Bugfix: Link field for images is too short to provide links for every image

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jan 6 20:49:21 CET 2011

Am 06.01.2011 19:57, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16426
>
>> Problem:
>> The field should be an textarea like it is for "alt" and "title" text.
> Thanks Joey for taking care!
>
> I'm for this version (not the alternative version presented in the
> second mail).
> The other version IMHO adds too much magic.
> It would require the user to press Enter, if one link containing a comma
> is entered - otherwise the , would be treated as the separator.

As already discussed on Skype my solution for this scenario would be to
tell people they have to press enter after each link they entered.

Since there was no multiline textarea before for any kind of link field,
people should easily get used to it, because they have to change their
behaviour anyway.

> An upgrade wizard converting , to \n would be IMHO the way to go.

IMHO this is not necessary, since the manually inserted single link that
must be containing a comma as well is the only scenario that requires
the manual linebreak - anything else will work out of the box.

> It's a bit nasty that the link browser is not usable anymore, if there
> are >1 links entered (you can't change from External Link tab to Page or
> File etc.
> This was possible before, seems like the \n causes some confusion.

Didn't notice that, but will try to fix it.
Before it was not possible to enter any number of links > 1 with the
wizard - now you can enter at least an unlimited number of the same type
- so it's still an improvement ;-)

>> ToDo:
>> Either provide an update wizard in the install tool that changes comma
>> to new line in existing installations
> As we're really close to release, I would like to wait with commit,
> until the Upgrade Wizard also got positive reviews.

Maybe we get enough positive reviews for the alternative version.

Will come up with a fix for the link browser problem anyway, since it
doesn't work in both versions.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian