[TYPO3-core] RFC 16630: migrateWorkspaces in Install-Tool does not work, if extbase is not intalled

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Jan 6 11:52:04 CET 2011

> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> The user will see a "PHP Fatal error: Class
> 'Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension' not found in
> /sysext/workspaces/ext_tables.php shown if extbase is missing" once he
> tries to proceed with the migrateWorkspaces wizard if extbase is not
> installed.
>
> Solution:
> Avoid that the related block in the ext:workspaces/ext_tables.php is
> loaded when it's loaded within the upgradewizard and install the extbase
> and fluid extension during the upgrades.

+1 by reading and testing to the code changes. However the name of the
upgrade wizard is misleading:
 > Versioning and Workspaces: Migrate "draft" workspace

It's simply wrong. As suggested in [1], what about removing the 4.3
Install-Versioning-Wizard? I see no need for that (if sb. wants version,
but not workspaces, he can uninstall it afterwards).

And then rename this wizard to just "Versioning and Workspaces", note in
the description, what extensions are installed and tell that some
migration is done.

Kind regards
Steffen

--