[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16906: Link from install tool to user settings can be improved

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Jan 4 22:23:28 CET 2011

On 1/4/11 2:20 PM, Ingo Renner wrote:
> Simon Schaufelberger wrote:
>
> Hi Simon,
>
>> Highlighting the User Tools-> User settings only works if the User Tools
>> are expanded. If you have them collapsed and expand them, you don't see
>> the selection.
>
> confirmed. But I think that's a different issue...
>
> best
> Ingo

Yep, different issue.  You can see the same behavior when selecting a
module, collapsing its section and then re-opening it.  The
onContainerClick in the DataView class clears out existing selections
when the section is closed.

Attached patch just returns false in the local event listener so that
DataView.onContainerClick isn't called at all.  If anyone wants to to
give it a quick test, I'll do an FYI commit later today on it.

Thanks,
Jeff