[TYPO3-core] RFC: #17739: Icons missing in workspaces module

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Feb 25 07:35:02 CET 2011

Am 24.02.2011 11:00, schrieb Reinhard Führicht:
> Hi,

Hi,

> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugs
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17739
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
>
> The icons for sending to next/previous stage seem to be missing in the
> workspaces module.
cannot reproduce.

> Solution:
>
> - Add according CSS definitions to the workspaces module CSS and t3skin.
> - Update the sprites images of t3skin.

Hi Reinhard,
first of all, this is the wrong way of "editing" the sprites. The icons
would have to be placed in t3skin as single icons and afterwards sprites
and css would have to be autogenerated via extdeveval (css, too).

Furthermore the icons of the workspace module are in purpose not
included in t3skin sprite. They are shipped by the extension.

Therefore -2 to this patch (one technally wrong, one intentionally not
needed).

In addition, bugs to workspaces would have to be filed here:
[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-workspaces/issues

The Icons of workspaces are added dynamically by sprite-APi, there is no
special static css for it.

So please let us know at [1] how to reproduce, what's your graphics
configuration and your sprite-generator configuration.

> I am not familiar with the so called skinning API of TYPO3, so my
> suggested patch is probably not the best way to go.
> Please point me to the right direction and I will adopt the patch.

The Extension uses the API correctly, therefore there should not be a
need of any patch for these Icons as they are not "hardcoded" into any
css or sprite-file. As already told please inform us about how to
reproduce (browser, configuration, etc)

> Regards,

Steffen