[TYPO3-core] RFC #17511: tx_install_session::write doesn't fix permissions

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Feb 23 18:38:27 CET 2011

Tolleiv Nietsch schrieb am 23.02.2011 10:54:

> committed to trunk (rev. 10579), 4.5 (rev. 10580) and 4.4. (rev. 10581)

Due to a bug in PHP-APC that ships with Debian Squeeze (PHP 5.3.3 and
APC 3.1.3) this change makes the Install Tool not work anymore. We tried
to debug it for a while before the 4.5.1 release, but concluded that it
wasn't worth it, because it's not our fault.

To sum up our findings:

First step of the install tool, I get the screen in the attachment (see
Fatal Error on the bottom).

The error is of course non-sense, but debugging this particular place
turns out that "sometimes" the list of loaded classes is incomplete in
this situation (and t3lib_div is not included). After several reloads
all classes are there and the writeFile() is then done.

This context is somehow strange anyway, because its PHP session
management that is calling our registered session handler (thus the PHP
stack trace is *empty*).

One solution I found was to require_once t3lib_div explicitly on this
file: Then it seems to always work.

Would be interesting if other people could check this out with APC
loaded if they hit the same issue. Maybe it's just me. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto