[TYPO3-core] RFC #17701: Generated t3x are corrupted in 4.5.1-dev and trunk

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Feb 22 08:48:13 CET 2011

Hi,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Branches: trunk, 4-5

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17701

Problem:
When downloading an extension as t3x from EM, the generated file is
corrupted and cannot be imported again. It fails with:

Wrong file format. No data recognized, Error: MD5 mismatch. Maybe the
extension file was downloaded and saved as a text file by the browser
and thereby corrupted!? (Always select "All" filetype when saving
extensions).

t3x was tried to be imported again into same TYPO3 install and into a
TYPO3 4.4. Both fail.

I generated a t3x both with 4.5.1-dev or trunk (rev. 10521) and with a
4.5.0 and there is an obvious difference in files as the one from trunk
starts with 4 (four) line breaks (char 10) before showing the MD5 hash
and the two colons. There are other changes in the compressed array but
I guess fixing this obvious bug might solve the whole.

Solution:
Make sure the output buffer is empty.

Cheers
Xavier