[TYPO3-core] RFC #17518: Content type "mailform" no longer accepts list of addresses for "Recipient List"

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 15 20:12:29 CET 2011

Hi,

On 15-2-2011 8:14, Steffen Ritter wrote:
> Am 08.02.2011 19:06, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> Notes:
>> The function parseAddresses() is borrowed from the Swift Mailer Adapter
>> and already in use in many installations.
>>
> why can't this function be used then?

It's not public.

> Or if needed "outside" why not put this helper function in
> t3lib_mail_Message?

This would expand the API for 4_5 which is not possible. For 4_6 it
isn't very useful, because I still expect that the mail form will be
replaced by the new FORM project.

Is there any use for such a function in other situations that parsing
old formatted mail headers and converting them into new Swift Mailer
compatible constructions?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert