[TYPO3-core] RFC #15721: Bug: Memcache::delete() without timeout param causes loss of memcache server in pool

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Feb 15 00:13:59 CET 2011

Am 14.02.2011 20:11, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>> the issue in debian squeeze is a lower level incompatibility between
>> the php5-memcache and memcached (each from the squeeze repository).
>> I've already filed a bugreport to the php5-memcache maintainer. He's
>> currently aware of this, but due to a version freeze, he needs to
>> backport.
>
> Stefan, can you please post a link to the bug tracker? Or did you report
> it by mail? I wasn't able to find an entry for any of [php5-]memcache[d]
> on http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
>
> Or can you at least keep us up-to-date? I don't know, how long it will
> take, but I would prefer to revert our change, if they release a bugfix
> soon (before we release it..)

I would include the fix anyways. Affected combinations of php5-memcache
and memcached, according to [1]:

pecl-memcache 3.0.4 + memcached 1.4.2 - WORKS
pecl-memcache 3.0.4 + memcached 1.4.3 - DOES NOT WORK
pecl-memcache 3.0.4 + memcached 1.4.4 - DOES NOT WORK
pecl-memcache 3.0.4 + memcached 1.4.5 - DOES NOT WORK

It seems that Ubuntu Lucid (10.04 LTS) has the combination 3.0.4 + 1.4.2
(works), while Lenny now ships with 3.0.4 + 1.4.5 (broken). But Ubuntu
Maverik (10.10) also seems to contain the broken combination (cannot
test) [2].

As it doesn't harm the not-affected installations, it's worth including it.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/de/memcache.delete.php#98826
[2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/memcached