[TYPO3-core] RFC: #17576: BEgetRootLine doesn't use cache when called with hash

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 14 13:54:25 CET 2011

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 14.02.2011 13:05:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17576
>
> Branches:
> trunk, 4.5, 4.4
>
> When you open list view in extended view, each CE has a viewonclick
> icon. For this link calculation, BEgetRootLine is called with
> [pid]#[uid], which leads to rootline calculation for each CE.
>
> This is not needed as the rootline for all are identical, so strip
> anchor from uid in BEgetRootLine.

Sounds good. But why on earth is someone calling BEgetRootLine with a
non-integer "uid"? Isn't it a wrong use of the API at the first place?

So my guess would be to fix the calling party, and not try to fix the
passed parameters on the BEgetRootLine method. It should choke (or at
least log a deprecation message) on non-integer $uid parameters.

Cheers,
Ernesto