[TYPO3-core] RFC #16785: No image generation with PHP-SAFE_MODE (GM/IM)

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 22:12:56 CET 2011

Hi,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16785

Branches: 4.5 / 4.4 (/trunk????)

Problem:
With PHP in SAFE_MODE all imagemagick/graphicsmagick calls will fail. To
support paths with whitespace characters quotes are added (using
escapeshellarg()). With safe_mode enabled PHP executes escapeshellcmd()
on the entire command. Now the quotes will be escaped and the command
will fail.

Solution:
Only use escapeshellarg if it is useful (i.e. if there are whitespace
characters or if characters were escaped).

How to test:
Enable safe_mode.

Note:
16785_v2 applies to 4_5 and trunk (but I guess we will not support
safe_mode anymore in 4_6)
16785-4_4-v2 applies to 4_4

--
Jigal van Hemert