[TYPO3-core] RFC #17489: [Performance] Improve t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes performance

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Feb 10 13:43:00 CET 2011

Hey Joey,

> While profiling different versions of patches Steffen G., Jigal and me
> found out that a replacement of a foreach loop with approriate array
> functions slows down the performance, so the loop has been kept in the
> final version.

I think to remember some speed comparisons done by Rupi (?) during his
core speed optimization marathon that showed that foreach loops also
assigning the key (although not needed) where slightly faster then ones
without. So probably the loops could still be improved a bit.

Btw - on having a short look at the patch I noticed some missing
whitespaces after the "if" statement, like "if($insertionList)" instead
of "if ($insertionList)". See lines around 436 and 476.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch