[TYPO3-core] RFC #17518: Content type "mailform" no longer accepts list of addresses for "Recipient List"

Curt Grimley curt at cgss.net
Wed Feb 9 15:21:01 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2/8/2011 12:06 PM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Solution:
> Parse the address(es) like we do in the Swift Mailer Adapter using the
> t3lib_mail_Rfc822AddressesParser
>
> Notes:
> The function parseAddresses() is borrowed from the Swift Mailer Adapter
> and already in use in many installations.

+1 by testing functionality - it works great; upon reading however this
header comment appears to be inaccurate:

* The resulting array has key-value pairs where the key is either a
number (no name in the mailbox header) or a display
* name and the value is the email address.

(When I tried to change the code to do that, it was broken again.)

May I offer a revised comment?:

The resulting array has key-value pairs in one of two forms; one where
the key is a number (no name provided in the mailbox header) and the
value is the email address, and another form where the key is an email
address and the value is the display name (both display name and address
given).

Maybe you can say it better... your choice whether to fix that. The
patch is good to go for me.

Thanks Jigal!
Curt