[TYPO3-core] RFC #12998: Bug: add icons for MS Office 2007 Documents

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Feb 7 14:23:15 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 07.02.2011 14:13, schrieb Tobias Schaefer:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> could you please also add .pps and .ppsx for completed slide shows,
> which can be viewed but are not editable like a .ppt file? Thanks!

we take care of those.

> I noticed that on my (pretty vanilla) 4.4-Installation (I don't have a
> 4.5 handy) a standard-TYPO3 filelinks-element still uses the old icons
> in both backend and frontend.
> The location of the files used in the FE-plugin of filelinks is
> /typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/media/fileicons instead of /typo3/gfx/fileicons/.
> If css_filelinks is installed, the FE-plugin used /typo3/gfx/fileicons/
> which is caused by the default-stylesheet of css_filelinks.

this is obsolete as we use sprites instead of icons. So we don't add new
files to this directory, this will be removed in future.

> The main reason for me to draw the office 2007 icons was to get them
> used by the filelinks-element (css_filelinks).
> If I'm not totally wrong changing the $FILEICONS-array in
> /t3lib/stddb/tables.php is still necessary to get the additional office
> 2007-icons used in the filelinks-element.
> I'm also not sure about the patch Steffen Kamper was asking me for (06.
> Feb 0:10). Is it really necessary to create new icons for every office
> 2007 file-extensions or could we use the 3 existing one, since the
> file-extension isn't explicitly named in the icons (not like in the old
> icons)?

The sprite API allows also to add single icons, please have a look to
the sprite documentation.
I was misleaded, we don't need a new patch, those 3 icons are enough for
MS Office.

vg Steffen