[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14430: disable_controls = list makes fields 'write_once'

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Feb 7 10:14:57 CET 2011

Hi Alexander,

> I finally had some time to look at this issue.
thanks for coming back to this issue!

> Should this behaviour appy for all file upload fields that have maxitems
> set to 1 or only to those that additionally have the delete button
> disabled?
All. An editor doesn't know of this setting, what would result in an
inconsistent behavior. If you can select only one element, I prefer to
replace it in every field (or nowhere, as it is currently - but that's
IMHO the worse variant).

> At the moment this patch only changes the behaviour for the direct file
> upload in the Backend form. If you use the Element Browser, you are
> still not able to change a file if delete button is hidden. Is this the
> desired behaviour?
No, of course not. Direct upload and Element Browser should behave the
same way. Before introducing a half-baked solution, this has to be
fixed, too.

> Please tell me what you think of it and I will provide another patch if
> needed.
It would be great, if you could adjust the element browser JS to also
behave in the overwrite-style.

Thanks!

Kind regards
Steffen