[TYPO3-core] RFC #17420: Add LOOP cObject

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Feb 2 09:20:49 CET 2011

Hi,

>> Problem as spotted by Ernesto is that stdWrap toolbox does not support
>> returning arrays but once it's done the proposed LOOP cobj is working as
>> intended.
>
> Fine for me as long as there is a clearly visible difference between
>
> myElement = LOOP
> myElement.input = whatever
>
> and
>
> myElement = TEXT
> myElement.data = whatever
>
> So +1 for this one.
>
> Still I think "input" should get stdWrap properties, even though we
> can't return arrays with stdWrap yet. But anything like
>
> myElement.input.if.isTrue.data = whatever
>
> would still be helpful. And we can easily add array related functions to
> stdWrap later on, without having to touch the LOOP element again.

It already has stdWrap capabilities if you have a look at the patch but
since we tend to have it named "input" instead of "data" and although I
said it would be renamed upon commit, here is the version with this change.

As you see, stdWrap is there. I just did not provide an example of use
of "input" attribute as there is currently no built-in support for
returning array within tslib_content. But one would already be able to
create yet another content object and take advantage of it:

myElement = LOOP
myElement.input = MY_OWN_CE_RETURNING_AN_ARRAY

Xavier